Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Flu Penetrates Our Walls

It started a couple weeks ago, when I caught a cold, and it turned into a sinus infection. I couldn't take anything at night because for part of the week, I was working nights, and then for the next 7 days, I was on pager-duty, so I couldn't be all doped-up if I got a call.

Then last Wednesday, I came down with the flu, and practically slept for two and a half days while Karen took care of me in the evenings. Today, I'm finally feeling better. Last night, Karen got the flu, and I know exactly how she feels. She will be wiped out for another day or two, I'm sure. It's my turn now to take care of her..... I made chicken soup tonight, and no, it wasn't Campbells. Shannon helped me, and it took us two hours.... real baked chicken, vegetables, and noodles. Shannon hasn't gotten sick yet....hopefully she won't. Daniel came over today after church, and then left again so he wouldn't get sick.

No sick pictures this time.... they aren't very becoming!

No comments: